Friday, September 26, 2008

Greg Eyer on Academics






HS PR’s:

400- 53.7

800- 1:59.3

1600- 4:52.2

3200- 11:15

5000(XC)- 18:40

College PR’s:

N/A

Year: Freshman (Class of 2012)

Major: Chemistry

High School: Manheim Central

Hometown: Lititz, PA


What other Colleges were you looking at?

Elizabethtown College, Juniata College, DeSales University, St. Vincent College


Why did you decide on Allegheny?

The superior academics and athletics than my other choices. The campus was beautiful when I visited, and the teachers seemed genuinely interested in their student's education. Even though it was a bit farther from home than I would have liked, I thought I could best accomplish my academic and running goals at Allegheny.


How did you go about choosing your major?

I have always enjoyed problem solving, especially in science and math venues. The summer before heading to college, I attended an ASM Materials Science Camp in Cleveland, and there was a professor from Case Western there who did a talk on Polymers, which piqued my interest in Chemical Engineering.


What do you plan to do after you graduate from Allegheny?

After graduating, I plan on attending graduate school for some type of engineering. Today that type is chemical engineering, although I also find Electrical Engineering fascinating.


How has being on a successful track and/or cross country team helped you with school?

Because of the practice time required, I have had to learn how to budget my time effectively. The team is a great help if you have any questions about professors or classes, which is an valuable resource. It is also nice that when classes start you already have a group of friends and are fully settled I before any non-athlete students arrive.


What unique opportunities have you had through attending Allegheny (internships, research, etc...)?

None so far, but I have heard good things. I am currently employed as a Prep TA in the Chemistry Department, so that is exciting.

1 comment:

angelinjones said...

Good post. I really enjoyed it. I'll surely recommend it to my friends. Wish you all success in future.
---------------------------
Angelinjones
seo